www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index www.sdlsuite.com
Discussion of technical aspects of the SDL Component Suite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug in TNumIO2 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Bug in TNumIO2 ? Reply with quote

There seems to be a bug in TNumIO2 in connection with the "-" character:
At design time I've set the value of a TNumIO2 control to "-1" (RangeLow is -1 , RangeHigh is 9999, InputFormat is itInt).

At runtime I would like to edit the value and change it to "0". If I place the cursor behind the "1" and delete it an error occurs two times saying " '-' is not a valid integer" .

Of course the message itself is right, but it shouldn't be there. For now it looks like TNumIO2 can't be used in combination with negative values...
vez

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same as for unsigned integer greater then 0x80000000, as in my previous message
fmolina

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Bug still in v 9.51 Reply with quote

Hello,

The bug with negative values is still present in version 9.51 of the suite. It happens either setting input format to "ItInt" or "ItDynamic".

TNUMIO2 cannot be used for negative integer input at all.

Nice New Year for all of you.

Fernando
hlohning

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

the problem is solved. The upcoming release 9.6 will have it fixed.
(this release will be available by end of January). If you need the fix urgently, please let me know - I'll send you a beta copy.

Regards,

Hans
vez

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For TNumIO and TNumIO2 I have one very old (may be 5-6 years) issue (I am using CB6 and CB2010).
The property NumIO->RangeLow will not be saved to the dfm file after changing by the designer.
This also can be seen if this control will be copied and pasted to the new place - in this case NumIO->RangeLow = -MAX_DOUBLE value.

For RAD2010 I have to set this value in the code by hand, as this property does not exist in the dfm file.
Can be this fixed?
hlohning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I actually thought that this issue has been resolved a few years ago.... I've to look after that.

Thanks for the hint,

- Hans
vez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vez wrote:
For TNumIO and TNumIO2 I have one very old (may be 5-6 years) issue (I am using CB6 and CB2010).
The property NumIO->RangeLow will not be saved to the dfm file after changing by the designer.
This also can be seen if this control will be copied and pasted to the new place - in this case NumIO->RangeLow = -MAX_DOUBLE value.

For RAD2010 I have to set this value in the code by hand, as this property does not exist in the dfm file.
Can be this fixed?

I've just checked presence of this bug for the new version 9.7, using simple test on CBuilder2010. It seems that this is not fixed yet, I set the RangeLow to the 0 and after reopening of the project the RangeLow is equal to 10-308
hlohning

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel embarrassed about admitting this, but you are absolutely right (it was my mistake, I simply forgot to look after that problem).

In order to avoid such mistakes in the future, I installed a public bug tracking page where you can read about the state of the bug fixing process:

http://www.lohninger.com/bugtracking.html

Regards,

Hans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> GuiPack All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: