www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index www.sdlsuite.com
Discussion of technical aspects of the SDL Component Suite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Printing problem with Plot3D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drohlfi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Printing problem with Plot3D Reply with quote

Hi,

I have encountered an interesting problem when trying to print from the Plot3D component. The problem occurred both in the plotit example and in my own application. The problem is with the user added text that is added using the "ondatarendered" event. If I use the font size as is (8 pt) then the printing function works fine. However, if I change the size of the font, or even keep it the same but use a Canvas.font.size := 8 statement, or any other size, then the desired font looks fine on the screen, but when printed to a printer the added text is very large. It practically covers the entire width of the plot with the accompanying large height. The image saved to a file, be it BMP or WMF, is fine, as is the image copied to the clipboard.

While just keeping the default size and never calling the Font.size function is an option, I would like a little more flexibility in presenting a report page for my application.

Am I missing something or is this a bug in the printing routines?

Thanks.
David
hlohning

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply. I tried to fix the problem, however, this bug is rather intricate and is not a bug of the TPlot3D component but of the underlying VCL/Windows behavior.

All in all, I've put it on the bug report list: http://www.lohninger.com/bugtracking.html

Unfortunately, I am not sure whether a workaround will be found before the next release will be published (which is overdue, and will be available during the next days).

Regards,

Hans
hlohning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

we finally found a solution to the problem (at least a workaround):

The upcoming release 10.1 of the SDL Suite now offers a new procedure called SetCanvasFontSizeScaled which you have to call when changing the font size within a TRenderEvent (or a similar one).

So, for example, the statement
Code:
Canvas.Font.Size := 12;
should be replaced by
Code:
SetCanvasFontSizeScaled (Canvas, 12);

The release 10.1 will be available by Oct-29 (next Monday).

Regards,

Hans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> ChartPack All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: