www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index www.sdlsuite.com
Discussion of technical aspects of the SDL Component Suite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need for extra events when drawing the map

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvgoor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Need for extra events when drawing the map Reply with quote

We would realy like a new version of Geomap to have some extra events.

Specially in the ConstructInternalMapImg procedure.

We need an event after the size of the canvas is set and before the MapBitmap is drawn. This will allow for drawing in the background of the mapimage. I have now added this myself. For example you can set a nice texture background outside the map corners and when ConfinePan is False you will see this background. Or when drawing a detailmap, you can show the overview map in the background.

And we also need an event right after the image is drawn, but before the calibration points and landmarks will be drawn. This would for example be the place where you can draw an outline of maps that are overlapping your current map. If you use the OnDataRendered event the outlines will be drawn over the landmarks on the map.

We have now added these ourselves and I can send you the code how we did this, but would like to ask you to start supporting these new events.

Greetings,

Jaap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> GeoPack All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: