www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index www.sdlsuite.com
Discussion of technical aspects of the SDL Component Suite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surprising behaviour of CPUID when compiled

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCela

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Surprising behaviour of CPUID when compiled Reply with quote

I have observed a surprising (to me) behaviour of CPUID when compiled under Delphi 7 and Delphi XE. An identical routine including the function GenerateCPUID compiled under Delphi 7 and Delphi XE produced completely different result. I have checked all the remaining functions in the CPUID package without appreciating any differences. My conclusion was that the problem is associated to the function CRC32Ofbuffer which is in fact producing differences when called under both Deplhi versions.
Have any one an explanation for this behaviour, and the most important, is it possible produce the same results no matter the Delphi version used?
hlohning

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the bug report. I'll look after it over the coming weekend.

Kind regards,

Hans
hlohning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem was not caused by the CRCOfBuffer function but by the change from ASCII to ANSI strings. It's fixed now, the new release will be available by next Monday, Oct-29,2012.

Kind regards,

Hans
RCela

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Surprising behaviour of CPUID when compiled Reply with quote

Many thanks
RCela

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Surprising behaviour of CPUID Reply with quote

GenerateCPUID is correctly functioning in the last version. However, the function CheckgeneratedCPUID returns false when tested with the string provided by the function GenerateCPUID, both using string and ansistring to host the return of GenerateCPUID.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> BasePack All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: