www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index www.sdlsuite.com
Discussion of technical aspects of the SDL Component Suite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Color of SDL Components in IDE (Rad Studio XE5)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joepasquariello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Color of SDL Components in IDE (Rad Studio XE5) Reply with quote

I have installed SDL 10.2a in XE5 Enterprise once with no issues. On a second computer, I am having a strange problem.

I install the SDL Components, no problem, then open an existing project with quite a few TNumLab components, and all of the TNumLab components have label background color of White, when they should be clGreen. This is true in the IDE, and also in the running program. If I change the Project::Options::Application::RuntimeThemes = None, the colors are okay when the program is running, but still not okay in the IDE.

Both computers are Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, with the same XE5 Enterprise. The computer that is having the problem is older, and it did have XE Enterprise installed. I did a complete uninstall of XE and all of the XE components, including SDL, before installing XE5.

Any ideas?

Joe
joepasquariello

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the Windows Theme fixed the problem, but maybe you can explain why this helps.

On the "working" system, the components were displaying correctly in both the IDE and in the running program, regardless of whether Application::RuntimeThemes was set to None, or to Enable.

On the "problem" system, the IDE was always wrong, and the running program was only okay with RuntimeThemes = None.

I compared the Windows UI settings, and the working system was set to "Windows Classic", while the problem system was set to "Windows 7 Basic", which is not very different. I changed the problem system to "Windows Classic", and the problem went away.

Are the SDL components somehow dependent on the Windows Theme?

Joe
hlohning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Joe,

it seems that there is indeed a dependence on the Windows theme. However, I have to look into it in more detail.

Kind regards,

Hans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: