www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index www.sdlsuite.com
Discussion of technical aspects of the SDL Component Suite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Installing to Windows 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raykeefe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Installing to Windows 8 Reply with quote

Hi all,

we have our first Windows 8 machine here and I am installing Rad Studio XE with SDL Suite 10.1 for XE (base + math + chart).
The SDL Suite package installer doesn't find the XE install.
I tried manually pointing it to the right place but on launching RAD Studio it warns that it cannot find SDL Suite components.
They do not appear on the component palette.

Anybody got this working?

Thanks

Ray
hlohning

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ray,

I just did a fresh install of Windows 8 and Delphi XE3. The installation of the SDL Suite for XE3 was flawless, it was correctly recognized - no problems at all.

However, I've currently no time to test specifically RadStudio XE under Win8.

Please make sure that the SDL packages are properly listed in the Windows registry (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\10.0\Known Packages). You should find entries such as
"C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\lib\SDL\X3\sdlbasepack_101XE.bpl"

These are the entries which are accessed by RadStudio to include any third party packages.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Hans
raykeefe

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Installing to Windows 8 Reply with quote

Thanks Hans

After trying a range of things including your suggestions I finally got this sorted by doing a repair install on XE then reinstalling the SDLSuite. There were still some paths to set up manually at the project level but it now works.

So thanks for the help and sorry about the long delay. I can understand XE not being high priority when XE4 is gettign all the focus.

Ray Keefe
Successful Endeavours
www.successful.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: