www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index www.sdlsuite.com
Discussion of technical aspects of the SDL Component Suite
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Limit of pixels?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Limit of pixels? Reply with quote

We´re experimenting a technical restriction with your software Geopack Standart Plus, which we recently bought upon the information available at your web site, where the only size resctriction for the jpeg files were only for the light module at 3,000,000 pixels, but when we tryed to apply the images we have with an average size of 70,000,000 pixels from a 7,000 per 10,000 pixel file , a maximum availability of 38,000,000 pixels arose for the Geopack Standartd Plus we have,

- can we have a larger size file handling feature available to fit our needs?
- is there another way or package that we can use to work it out?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: max size Reply with quote

I'd like to know that too, if there would be some increases about max. pixel size. If it has some troubles about max size in 32b architecture, XE2 would make big difference, wouldn't it? I'd need to use a little more than 100 000 000px. Would it be possible with some improvements for XE2?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Image sizes Reply with quote

When you have the sourcecode available in the payed version, you can simply increase the size limits. I did this for an experiment and I can tell you that images of for example 12.000 x 19.000 in 8-bits will not work. Performance is poor.

Cutting the images to a reasonable 6.000x9000 works quite well and depending on the color information etc. is within or just over the standard limit. I advice to stick to the limit and enjoy the good performance in your software.

A remark can be made about the very different ways for storing graphics. For example my sample in BMP (RLE) was 14.4 Mb, in JPG 3.8 and 4.4 in PNG. However I also found that an export to JPG from a mapping tool I use was 14.4 Mb. After a simple load and save in Photoshop the size dropped to an acceptable 4.6 Mb and this file loads easily in Geomap and performance is good. So I guess you should always optimize your graphic files in a graphics program, before using them.
Jaap van Goor
Promanent b.v.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.sdlsuite.com Forum Index -> GeoPack All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: