CurveFit demo not fully working

Discussion around the SDL Component Suite
xmetman

CurveFit demo not fully working

Post by xmetman »

Hi Hans

I have installed the light edition of your component set but unfortunately can't get the curve fitting demo to work properly.
It compiles and runs OK but I can only add a single point to the graph so am unable to test the curve fitting methods.
I am using Delphi 10 Tokyo edition.

Bruce.
hlohning

Re: CurveFit demo not fully working

Post by hlohning »

Hi Bruce,

there seems to be a bug in the program which disables the input of new data points after clearing the data and setting the first point. As a quick workaround you can click the "pencil" button once again after setting the first point. Afterwards you can enter additional points.

Let me know if this works out. I'll provide an improved version of the curvefit demo within the next days.

Kind regards,
Hans
---
Hans Lohninger
Epina GmbH
Retz, Austria
xmetman

Re: CurveFit demo not fully working

Post by xmetman »

Hi Hans

Thanks for your quick reply.

I did some work using your light version a few years ago but I notice you've disabled the functionality in the latest release for the CalcPolyFit method.

I don't program for profit and you can't find a curve fitting routine anywhere else like yours (believe me I've searched high and low!) but I can't justify the cost of buying your whole suite of components just for that particular functionality.

I used it to produce coefficients for a curve that I created using annual average daily temperatures for a year from daily averages from 30 years of data.

I thought that I might be able to to a similar thing by just using monthly mean temperatures.

I could use these coefficients to estimate a daily maximum and minimum and produce an anomaly for any particular day.

I could also use the same idea to produce anomalies for an incomplete month or season.

Do you perhaps have an archived older version that I can maybe download?

Bruce.