GeoMap Calib Models

Discussion around the SDL Component Suite
jrib0

GeoMap Calib Models

Post by jrib0 »

Hi
I have been using the TGeomap component for some time and I am quite happy with the cmBiquadraticPn model. However I just cannot make any of the other models work. For example even when I use the simplegeomap example app if I try the cmParabolicIp model, after adding one calib point I get a message box with "CalcParabolGi: not enough data points". I have tried with my own app but cannot make it work, I get the same error. Any help would be gratefully received.
Also a couple of suggestions:
1. Please could you support a "Standard" Mercator projection
2. A procedure similar to BringMapPixelToCenter, which would bring a map pixel to a point. Would make zooming in and out and keeping it centred on the current mouse position much easier.

Many thanks

James
hlohning

Re: GeoMap Calib Models

Post by hlohning »

Hi James,

as for the parabolic interpolation: I suspect that you try to recalculate the parabolic interpolation at a time when there are too few calibration points defined. Try to set the property "SuppressPaint" to TRUE until you have specified enough calibration points.
BTW, maybe a look into the example program "simplegeomap" might help as well. This application allows you to switch between different calibration models (including the parabolic interpolation). You can download the program from here: http://www.lohninger.com/examples_part3.html

As for your suggestions: Thanks a lot! I've put them on the wish list and we'll implement these features with the next release.

Kind regards,

Hans
---
Hans Lohninger
Epina GmbH
Retz, Austria
jrib0

Re: GeoMap Calib Models

Post by jrib0 »

I have tried the simplegeomap app and it also just complains with the same error...

Also there are only 4 calib models in this version of the demo

Many thanks

James

For clarity I have just downloaded the example app and run the executable (as well as compiling it again on D7) that is contained within it. I have tried with the sample map that comes with the demo and also my own - same problem
Last edited by jrib0 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.